Friday 26 March 2021

A life with bugs is a happy life

Just wanted to share this and this felt like the best place. I'm 22 and autistic, for the past 2 years I've raised various critters. Currently I have snails, slugs, isopods and cockroaches.

Today I got really overstimulated while out with my partner and their nephew. We came home, me still overstimulated. So I went in my bug room and moved my roaches to their new tank(just got the proper lid today) and sat on the floor in front of them. Very quickly I felt myself relax and be able to take a breath. Just watching the way they move and explore is so calming to me. I even grabbed Ophelia out and held him for a bit.

A lot of people think I'm really weird because I devot so much of my time to my critters. I spent over 8 hours total over the past 2 days redoing 5 different tanks. But this is what makes sense to me. There isn't anywhere else I'd rather be than my bug room or somewhere else in a room full of critters, I'm sure that makes sense to some of y'all in here

submitted by /u/mtateftm
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/me3uqo/a_life_with_bugs_is_a_happy_life/

No comments:

Post a Comment