Monday 22 November 2021

[REQ] Specimen search/request

Might be allowed unsure. So I am trying to get specimens of two species of wasp. So far I have failed in almost 4 years of trying to get them here in central PA and 3 full months alone this year hiking thru tick infested areas to find. I am willing to pay for shipping if someone has a specimen they are willing to part with or have captured. I do understand the dangers of the "velvet ant". They are #4 on the pain sting index meaning your in for a world of hurt so please don't capture if you don't know what your doing.

I am also looking for other species outside of the US. However those must treated differently due to customs.

Common name: Velvet Ant { DANGEROUS PAIN INDUCING STING }

mutillidae ( Any colorations or species )

Common Name: Giant Ichneumon Wasp: Long-tailed

Megarhyssa macrurus

I am asking because they are two of my most sought after in the united states and want them to photograph, document, and use for education of insects such as wasps and hornets.

submitted by /u/HuskyRookie
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/r06g4r/req_specimen_searchrequest/

No comments:

Post a Comment