Thursday 5 August 2021

Host plant resource?

I do landscape design with exclusively natives and I do volunteer restoration stuff in my spare time.

I am always frustrated with how hard it is to find information on insect host plants. Are there reference materials or even non-fiction books I can read about this (that aren’t by Doug Tallamy - I’ve read all of his.)

I have a great book about the native flora of Northern Illinois (my area) that sometimes lists insect relationships, but I can’t search by insect - only plant. Now that I’m thinking about it I may be able to use the index, though the majority of the plants in the book don’t even have any insect info. Are there any insect-specific books or websites?

submitted by /u/TurnipTheCat
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/oyglpq/host_plant_resource/

No comments:

Post a Comment