Sunday 25 July 2021

Stung by mystery bug, please help identify?

This is my first post here, I hope I'm doing it right. Yesterday, I was hanging out at my friend's pool. Something landed on my back so I swiped it away, and then it ended up on my thumb. It stung me. This is what it looked like:

  • Totally tiny, like, barely visible.
  • Clear. I think both the body and wings were clear.
  • The stinger felt barbed? I had to pull it out of my thumb.

I reacted the same way to this sting the same way I reacted to bee stings as a kid. It burned like a mf and it's still swollen the next day.

I live in Georgia, US, if that helps. I've never seen an insect like this before and nothing I've found through Google searches has made me say "oh snap, that's it!"

submitted by /u/sololloro
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/orbf2n/stung_by_mystery_bug_please_help_identify/

No comments:

Post a Comment