Sunday 25 July 2021

Large orange insect bite (UK)

Hi, I was bitten/stung by a flying insect yesterday and the patch continues to swell, thought it best to try and find out what it was in case it needs medical attention.

UK, orange, thought it was a mosquito at first but much bigger. Flies almost upright, like it's wings are struggling to keep it airbourne. Any ideas? A wide range of nearby habitats: scrub, river, woodland. When first bitten, a small acute area of swelling appeared like a blister, this has been swelling into a pink lump ~2inches diameter, soft to palpate except in the centre, I slapped the insect off in surprise so maybe I knocked it's mouthparts of within my skin? Apologies, I've been looking online since yesterday but no luck so far, so thanks for any help!

submitted by /u/mangosarebest
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/or7pnu/large_orange_insect_bite_uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment