Can anyone identify what these are, or what has happened here?
We live in the south of England, and these (dead) remains keep sporadically appearing around the metal strips that clamp down the carpet edges in our doorways (where the carpet ends and the laminate flooring starts). Usually in the door frame corner.
At first glance, they looked like someone had scattered black pepper on the floor. I made a high-resolution scan for a closer look, and they appear to be the dismembered heads of insects. We clear them away, then about a week later, more appear. It looks like something is eating them and scattering the remains. These remains appear in little localised clusters of 10 cm square approx.
I thought they might be ants, but you can see they are light brown and don't look like close up images of ants I've searched on Google. There are also what look like abdomen parts, and they are in overlapping sections like an armadillo/woodlouse. The heads are just under 1mm wide.
Does anyone know what they are, what's killing/eating them? We don't have any pets.
[link] [comments]
source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/nk7d1s/dismembered_bug_parts_keep_appearing_in_my/
No comments:
Post a Comment