Just saw a video 10 minutes ago from a channel called SlivkiShow EN. I have never seen this channel before nor even watched their videos. One of their videos appeared in my recommended section and my heart sank, I was praying that it was just click bait. The video is called "What happens if a roach smokes 20 cigarettes?" I watched the video and I was horrified. I will describe the content in the video if it's too hard to watch for some people. These people happened to obtain a beautiful big Hissing Cockroach and subjugated it to horrible experiments. They put it in a jar completely full of water and left him submerged for 10 minutes, just watching it scramble and struggle to survive. They even had the audacity to called it a "pool", like the roach was going to enjoy it. Then they put it in an airtight container and left it in the freezer at -10 for 15 minutes just watching him curl up. Lastly, they put it in a container with cotton wool and lit cigarettes into a hole that connected to the container. The poor creature was ejecting secretions from its mouth, almost like vomit. It had to endure about three cigarettes before it finally rolled over and ceased to suffer. I was disgusted that he tortured and killed a cockroach just to deliver the punchline "Smoking is bad.". I felt that the narrator of the video had very limited knowledge of cockroaches, stating that the roach was "pretending" to be dead after nearly drowning. He also refers to its antenna as a moustache or tentacles. He even claims that the cockroach likes the cigarette smoke. I love any and all insects and will go out of my way to save insects, even roaches. Am I overreacting? I felt like that poor little roach didn't deserve die die so horribly. What does everyone else think of the video?
[link] [comments]
source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/nhorl0/am_i_the_only_person_to_find_this_video_extremely/
No comments:
Post a Comment