Saturday 21 November 2020

What happened to all the catchers?

I love reading, and this world often collides with my love for entomology.

I love reading stories of Darwin and Linnaeus, Fountaine and Comstock.... traveling deep into the jungles of South America in search of an elusive ant species, spending so long running up and down mountains catching exotic butterflies that “even his wife couldn’t recognize him”...

I understand the ethics behind catching specimens has largely altered over the last few decades. In my personal opinion, if it can increase our scientific knowledge then it should be practiced. I know this is controversial but that’s just my take.

This wasn’t as much of a question as a sad rant... feel free to comment beliefs and maybe we can have some debates :)

submitted by /u/SocialAddiction1
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/jynvph/what_happened_to_all_the_catchers/

No comments:

Post a Comment