Sunday 22 November 2020

Ant Science Fair

Hey y’all, I’m looking to do a science fair project on ants. I only have one idea so far and I’m looking for suggestions if anyone has any. Currently my idea is to test the affect of yellow crazy ants on carpenter ants native to western Canada. It is my goal to make sure that I don’t use any species that could harm the environment that I am in so any species that I use in any experiment must be native to Alberta or unable to survive here. Yellow crazies to my knowledge can’t survive in my climate but carpenter ants live around the world. I could also try another species that lives in a tropical environment and see how yellow crazy ants affect it. Using a more tropical species would possibly be more relevant as the exact species could be affected by an invasive species such as yellow crazy ants. Any suggestions or corrections would be a huge help! Thank you guys so much

submitted by /u/UnderstandingPuzzled
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/jz6z2w/ant_science_fair/

No comments:

Post a Comment