Thursday 4 November 2021

Luna moth cocoon help!

Found this guy in my shoe a couple of weeks ago. Made a cocoon soon after. I've read that luna moths will typically stay enclosed in the cocoon all winter and will emerge in the spring. Right now he's in my shoe that I've placed in a butterfly cube. I've decided to put him outside so he doesn't think it's time to emerge if left inside with the warm temperatures. But with Texas, it's obviously not that cold. Maybe in the high 40s, low 50s for lows. I've read some people will put them in the fridge? Should I just leave him outside but protected? I mean, they seem to make it okay naturally during a Texas 'winter'. Or should I put him in the fridge?

submitted by /u/SpecaSlew
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/qn1t60/luna_moth_cocoon_help/

No comments:

Post a Comment