Tuesday 26 May 2020

Cicada On My Doorstep

My property manager sprays for bugs regularly and because of this, I frequently find dying bugs in the breezeway of my apartment complex. When I come upon a dying beetle/moth/etc., I always take it to my patio to die in a more controlled environment (and it's filled with plants too so it's a pretty place to die).

Tonight I found a cicada on my doorstep. It was small and green and it was just lying upside-down. I haven't ever seen a cicada do that so I picked it up and brought it inside. Once I had it inside, it lightly gripped my hand with it's legs. I sat it on one of my pots and left it be.

Now I'm not sure if I have done the right thing. Cicadas live so long and I don't want to impede it from going through it's natural life cycle if it isn't really dying. It hasn't moved from it's spot but I am having second thoughts about keeping it here. Any advice?

submitted by /u/dreamboydeluxe
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/grc52x/cicada_on_my_doorstep/

No comments:

Post a Comment