Friday 3 December 2021

Need help identifying a winged spiderlike critter I saw

About 2 years ago I was cleaning a shed in Western Maryland when I saw what looked like a spider descending from a strand of silk from the rafters, I could only make out 6 legs but it had somewhat large wings so I assumed they were covering the last 2 legs.

It was dark brown or black (the color is hard to say for sure because there wasn't a lot of light) and about an inch to an inch and a half long.

I feel crazy whenever I talk about it because there are no winged spiders so I want to set the record straight, either I discovered a new cryptid/scp or I just don't know my bugs. I didn't get a great look at it (I was paralyzed in fear at the sight of a winged spider, who wouldn't be) and I don't have any photos of it (😣). I never saw it again after it reached the floor.

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/JustTheWehrst
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/r82hed/need_help_identifying_a_winged_spiderlike_critter/

No comments:

Post a Comment