Tuesday 23 November 2021

Help on California Mantis not eating...

Help on California Mantis not eating...

Hey guys. Asking about a California mantis I found yesterday night. She seems to have no interest in food whatsoever, although she did eat some honey from my finger. (Relax keyboard warriors, I know it's not the best but I couldn't get her to eat anything else) So far I've tried rice worms, mealworms, mealworm beetles, and earwigs. Just wondering if I'm doing anything wrong, and how I could get her to eat and when I should start to get worried. She's in a 12x12 terrarium with a screen lid. The right side of her abdomen seems slightly swollen, but I don't know enough about mantids to be certain. I've tried offering her food both with tweezers and without, but she just doesn't show any interest. Thoughts?

https://preview.redd.it/76w04a5sfh181.png?width=294&format=png&auto=webp&s=34f8bd21e4f14f0deff8b6452c75c200e9f93490

submitted by /u/Curious_Crow36
[link] [comments]


source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/r0xysl/help_on_california_mantis_not_eating/

No comments:

Post a Comment