Thursday 4 November 2021

Fungus Gnats in Beetle Soil

Like the title suggests, I rear different types of beetles, and I've been having the worst luck with all my soil suppliers being infested with fungus gnats.

I have my beetle enclosures locked off by a protective layer of mesh so they don't escape into my room, but the problem still persists that all my soil bags are just crawling with adult gnats and larvae and I'm just at a loss of what to do.

I don't want the soil to lose its nutrional value, and I know the only ways to rid of the gnats is either showing the soil in the oven or into the freezer- which I'm not entirely sure how it would affect white rot and whatnot that's for the beetles to eat.

Anyone have similar problems and maybe a solution for it?

submitted by /u/CrystalCorvid
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/qmmue6/fungus_gnats_in_beetle_soil/

No comments:

Post a Comment