Saturday 30 October 2021

Needed help with pinning bug for the first time (and identifying it)

Needed help with pinning bug for the first time (and identifying it)

Hi! I need help identifying a bug and most of all - pinning it (never done it before and I feel like every website says something different). Hopefully I'm in the right place :)

In the beginning of July I went on a vacation to southern Poland (near ZÄ…bkowice) and everyday I've seen this bug on my driveway - all these days he hadn't even moved a bit (well, he was dead). I decided to take him back home with me and pin it. And there is my question...

It's been months since he died (the whole time he's been sitting in a paper box BUT upside down - it was easier to transport him by car this way without breaking his legs what happened anyway), I guess it's still possible to pin him since I've read he needs to be dry...? Please help me, I know nothing about pinning, I'm afraid to even pick him up because of the thought I could break him. How do I do it? Where do I get the needles (and I would prefer not to buy like 50 of them)? Do I prepare the bug somehow? I've bought an about 3,5-4 cm (1,37-1,57 inches) deep picture frame from IKEA, so hopefully the needle (and something - what? - I stick the needle in) would fit.

Any help greatly appreciated :) (or at least links to reliable websites that would help in this case)

The best picture of him I've got.

On my dad's hand :)

That's how he's been laying for the past few months.

submitted by /u/malwinak02
[link] [comments]


source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/qj0nv3/needed_help_with_pinning_bug_for_the_first_time/

No comments:

Post a Comment