Wednesday 27 October 2021

Can I pick up a praying mantis with bare hands?

I’ve seen 3 now where I live sitting in the sun in the center of residential streets. I moved a couple with a stick to a grassy field and another I couldn’t get to sit on the stick. I ended up pissing off the last guy and he’d flash his wings so I left him alone.

So I’m curious if I can allow the creepy dudes on my hand or arm and bring them to safety. I’ve watched them use their creepy pincer arms to stab at the sticks I used to move them. It’s freaky and I really dont love handling large bugs like these but I’d like to face my fear if it’s safe and it’d save their lives from a tire wheel.

Are they poisonous? Are they capable of drawing blood? Google says they’re pretty safe but idk if I trust google.

submitted by /u/Reddit5678912
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/qh5p3n/can_i_pick_up_a_praying_mantis_with_bare_hands/

No comments:

Post a Comment