Sunday 1 August 2021

Breeding lightning bugs, completely new to the insect world and wanting a new hobby! Thoughts?

Basically, I've absolutely loved lightning bugs since I was a little kid. They've been dwindling in population and that pisses me tf off. In need of a new hobby something relaxing yet thought provoking and think that this would be perfect for me! However the amount of information is either slim or I'm simply not looking in the right places. Bioluminescence is so interesting to me and I would love to try and breed different types to see what the difference in light given off would be. (I understand it most likely wouldn't be a rainbow, but this isn't really for research purposes) Anything at all would help ya'll. This has been a sort of dream of mine for a while. Thanks for your time

submitted by /u/hahawadduplmao
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/ow12fi/breeding_lightning_bugs_completely_new_to_the/

No comments:

Post a Comment