Wednesday 28 July 2021

Dear Entomologists: what kind of a career options and opportunities are there for someone with a BS in Entomology?

I am 44 years old and have been working in IT since I graduated high school. I have spent a lifetime absolutely obsessed with the creepy crawlies of the world. Specifically things that bite and sting. I have kept and raised Latrodectus hesperus since grade school just as an example (and I have one in a terrarium now).

My best friend since 4th grade has recently been pushing me to chase my dreams and go back to school for biology and this is where I have always done best. FWIW I live in the Sacramento Valley area of California and I have Sac State as well as UC Davis within driving distance.

Any information would be helpful. I don’t want to make this change if there isn’t a realistic possibility that I’ll be able to retire in comfort (nothing fancy, I’m a pretty modest living person).

Thanks in advanced

submitted by /u/Eeik5150
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/ot32u1/dear_entomologists_what_kind_of_a_career_options/

No comments:

Post a Comment