Monday 28 June 2021

question about ants and their bites/stings!

tldr: is it possible for an ant's stinger to stay under your skin for years?

when i was about 9 or 10, i was sitting under a tree in summer and i was bitten or stung by what I thought was a bull ant, but obviously at that age, I cant be sure. it was right in the centre of the sole of my foot and was one of the most painful things ive ever experienced, even now that im 10 years older. sometimes, if i flex my foot a little too far (going on my tip toes for example) i can still feel a sharp pain exactly in the spot in my foot when i was bitten a decade ago. it doesnt happen to my other foot, or any other part of my body, just where i was bitten.

is it possible some fragment of the ant or bug is still under my skin and causes irritation when my foot is slightly overextended? or perhaps theres nothing there but the damage or venom caused some kind of nerve damage to a small area? Im not overly familiar with bugs, so thats why I thought id ask here!

(if it helps narrow down possible ants or bugs, this happened in Hornsby, NSW, Australia.)

submitted by /u/punchthegoose
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/o9l0a7/question_about_ants_and_their_bitesstings/

No comments:

Post a Comment