Saturday 1 May 2021

Is it possible to dry mount a small spider?

I know spiders are usually preserved in alcohol, but I was wondering if it would be possible to dry mount a smaller one? My friend found a (dead) brown recluse in a house he’s remodeling this morning and brought it to me and I have a really tiny frame I’ve been wanting to use but I’m not sure if she’d hold up in there? I’m fine with a bit of warping but not sure if I can even dry her out or if she’d just totally shrivel and decompose? I’ve only worked with butterflies/moths and larger tarantula molts before so please excuse me if I sound like an idiot right now!

submitted by /u/lexbean21
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/n25ky5/is_it_possible_to_dry_mount_a_small_spider/

No comments:

Post a Comment