Tuesday 4 May 2021

I'm thinking about raising mealworms. Any tips/thoughts/suggestions?

Hi!

I live in a tropical third world country, and recently me and my father have been thinking about raising mealworms. In a first moment we only want a medium-sized farm to feed the other animals in our property (like fishes and birds). But if it is successful we will want to expand it.

We live just near a big tropical forest reserve and I'm worried if tenebrios are dangerous to the environment. If, for example, they scape the farm, would they simply be eaten by the birds? Would they endanger our native species?

Any other advice will also be appreciated, I still have much to learn about this.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/outra_pessoa
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/n4p5jz/im_thinking_about_raising_mealworms_any/

No comments:

Post a Comment