Wednesday 28 April 2021

Where do silverfish go when they’re not crawling on my bathroom floor?

Hello entomologists! I have a silverfish problem which pest control seems unable to fix.

I live in a two story townhouse with a connected bathroom upstairs (sink and toilet room, bath/shower only room, another sink and toilet room all connected by doors). When I moved in in August there was a horrible leak in the shower/bath bathroom, basically when you showers the water went into the ceiling below instead of going down the drain. The plumber cut a huge hole in the ceiling and wall and left them open for several months to dry them out and to make sure the leak was really gone.

The leak appears to be totally fixed! However I started seeing silverfish after the leak was fixed. The bathroom does get very humid after showers so I bought a huge dehumidifier. I also called pest control and they’ve sprayed twice (the last time was last month). I saw a lot of dead and lethargic silverfish after they sprayed, but also plenty of lively ones.

What else can I do to hit them where it hurts? Where do they go when they’re not on my floor, and how can I follow them there and kill them? If I eliminate them in my bathroom will they move on to greener pastures, like my kitchen?

I don’t have anything personal against the little weirdos, but the thought of finding them in my food or in my bed is too disturbing. They need to go live somewhere else.

submitted by /u/fallenladders
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/n0kx0c/where_do_silverfish_go_when_theyre_not_crawling/

No comments:

Post a Comment