Thursday 29 April 2021

Hisser-safe plants?

I’m wanting to add more things to my established Madagascar hissing roach colony. It’s been several years and they’re doing great, but I’d like something more than egg cartons and paper towel tubes. The company I originally bought my hissers from recommended pothos varieties as plants, but I’ve read that they have the ability to hurt the insects via needle like projections. I’ve researched Madagascar’s local plants but haven’t found anything affordable or small enough to maintain in a tank. Does anyone have plant recommendations that would be safe? Spider plants, pothos, Calatheas, anything? I considered a spinach or romaine plant but feel like it wouldn’t last long and that they’d prefer “fresh” food to fruits, grains, and moistened food! I’ve found 0 materials online or via universities.

submitted by /u/VStringOfPearls
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/n1nd0y/hissersafe_plants/

No comments:

Post a Comment