Wednesday 3 March 2021

Father's Bug Collection - What to do?

My father passed a few years ago. He had a fairly decent bug collection. Mostly beetles and moth/butterflies I believe. All of them should have been "recent" aquistions over the past 20ish years. I believe all were imported. While they are neat, there take is no room for them. I don't want to toss them as I find that would be a complete waste. I'm welcome to suggestions as to what might be the best course to deal with them. Many are mounted and in boxes/display. I believe there are quite a few still wrapped up as well. Unfortunately it does seem that some have been eaten, so I went to be careful about that if I were to pass it on to another group/person.

Hopefully this is a good sub to submit this question to. Thank you for all your help.

I'm assuming most would want photos but I didn't want to take any until I heard suggestions on what I should do, because I funny want to bother the bugs more than they need. Than you again.

edit: I'm located in Michigan if that helps.

submitted by /u/BigFreakyIchiban
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/lx175h/fathers_bug_collection_what_to_do/

No comments:

Post a Comment