Wednesday 3 March 2021

European Hornets and Wasps. Are they more aggressive than their American counterparts, or less, or about even?

Basically the title. This came up in a discussion with a person from Germany about the nature of the hornets and wasps there as opposed to the ones here in the United States.

I have no experience with European insects. However I'm aware that if left alone, most species along the East Coast of the US are rather peaceful insects, save for one glaring exception. Looking at you Yellow Jackets.

However, my friend in Germany has told me the opposite. That even leaving them alone can provoke an attack by them. As she has had it happen to her.

So my question, is whether the European species are more prone to aggression than their North American counterparts?

submitted by /u/Inner-Nothing7779
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/lwwxat/european_hornets_and_wasps_are_they_more/

No comments:

Post a Comment