Monday 22 February 2021

Mosquitos drinking hemocyanin blood instead of hemoglobin (human) blood

Hello I come to you all from animal sciences with a odd question. I have been looking at the vaccine manufacturing process and came upon horseshoe crab blood and its use in the industry. I found that they use hemocyanin a larger copper based molecule to transport oxygen instead of hemoglobin, what I wanted to know is theoretically what if humans decided to replace our blood with hemocyanin based blood. What would the effect be on the mosquitos? would they stop biting us? would this cause their reproductive cycle to stop? This is just a stupid idea me and my buddy thought up and I would love to hear your responses.

submitted by /u/snowpirate11
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/lq9q31/mosquitos_drinking_hemocyanin_blood_instead_of/

No comments:

Post a Comment