Thursday 28 January 2021

Saw a pantry moth - first one in 6 months, I used to have an infestation. Are they back?

So at my old apartment, the infestation was bad. Like you’d walk into a room and see a dozen on the ceiling and several more on the walls. Was like this for months, despite multiple traps that would collect 50+ (estimating). When I moved, they mostly didn’t come with me. I saw maybe a total of 5 or 6 my first month living here (June 2020), and haven’t seen a single one since then. Until yesterday. I saw one. Killed it immediately. But what does this mean? Are they back? How and why was there such a long period without them?

Edit to add: I just remembered that the 5 or 6 I mentioned were ones I killed on the walls/ceiling. I had a trap set up as soon as I got here and I think it caught like 6 or 7. So total there were like a dozen moths here in June, but I haven’t seen any since then.

Edit 2: I am reposting in hopes that people see the post this time. Thank you!

submitted by /u/Throwaway77777787777
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/l70jd5/saw_a_pantry_moth_first_one_in_6_months_i_used_to/

No comments:

Post a Comment