Friday 1 January 2021

My nearly 9 year old daughter has been very interested in insects for almost 4 years. What are some things I can buy her or places I can take her that she would enjoy?

Her life has been full of insects for a long time, she became interested in them almost 4 years ago and has maintained that interest ever since. I'm running out of ideas for enrichment for her though!

We have lots of insect guide books and fictional books, watch lots of insect documentaries, went to the insect display at the Science Museum in Richmond, VA where we live, we look for insects in the backyard to catch and release and go geocaching while looking for more insects, we raised and released butterflies.

We live in Richmond, VA so any Covid-friendly suggestions of places to go nearby would be greatly appreciated!

But also, after COVID we will go back to traveling pretty frequently so any suggestion worldwide for later is welcome! Especially east coast ideas :)

Also, any online or board games, websites, books, movies or shows we might not have seen, things I can buy her beyond kid bug nets, decorative items for her room, etc. I'd really appreciate any and all help!

submitted by /u/hcconn
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/kofm93/my_nearly_9_year_old_daughter_has_been_very/

No comments:

Post a Comment