Monday 4 January 2021

Help with preserving a cockroach?

Hi everyone! I've wanted to try my hand at pinning insects for a while and I’ve decided I finally wanted to give it a go. I have a couple of pet hissing cockroaches and my halloween male recently passed away, I wanted to preserve him but have had to wait a bit so I've kept him in a sealed plastic tub so nothing could get to him. I opened the tub today and he looks fine, a little darker in colour but smells quite funky - he's only small; around 2 inches long and about 2cm wide to give a concept of size but I'm wondering if I need to dry him out first and how would be best to go about that?

Sorry in advance if these are really simple questions but I thought some folks here might be able to point me in the right direction! :)

submitted by /u/OpalescentPunk
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/kq86ej/help_with_preserving_a_cockroach/

No comments:

Post a Comment