Sunday 31 January 2021

Help! Centipedes and beneficial bugs

Hey everyone, I hope this is sub-appropriate. I have a few questions I can't find answers to.

I just found centipedes (specifically Lithobius Forficatus) in the soil of one of my carnivorous plants.

  • Will they take a noticeable amount of food away from the plant?
  • Do they eat the same food as a carnivorous plant?
  • Will they eat fungus gnats/larvae or spider mites?
  • Will they eat beneficials? I have Lacewings and just applied Californicus larvae.
  • Would the actuality of centipedes in my plants suggest the soil and/or (specifically is it "and" or, "or"?) plants are healthy? Or does this not suggest either?
    • IE: Bacterial/fungal infection free? Do centipedes not give a fuck?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this, lol.

submitted by /u/sheplanty
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/l9jz3f/help_centipedes_and_beneficial_bugs/

No comments:

Post a Comment