Sunday 3 January 2021

Did I Kill the Stink Bug I Accidently Tried To Save?

So, I know nothing of bugs and I'm afraid of them (I hate to admit it) but I don't like killing them. I saw one just now on my wall and I've never seen one in my house before. I trapped it in a cup and put it on my porch. it fell on its back and had a hard time getting up, but I helped it (I tried not to hurt it, but I don't know)

I went inside and I thought "I put it in 30F weather outside not near any greenery or dirt (high porch) what if something kills it or it doesn't make it to a green source? What if it's too cold?"

So... I went back outside, pulled a holly leaf from a bush below the porch, and tried to get the bug on it. It just would not get on the leaf the way it went into the cup so I kind of scooped him up. Not with the pointy part of the leaf. I was planning on putting the leaf on top of the big bushes and then....he fell off. I live on a high porch, so it was (my height estimates are AWFUL) 2, maybe 3 yards at most. It fell in the abyss of the bushes. I squeaked and there's no way I will be able to find that bug!!

I looked online and i found out a lot of things about this creature, and how they sometimes will live under things to stay warm and near a food source during the winter. I live in Atlanta Georgia if my geographic location helps. Do you think the stink bug (I know it was a stink bug) survived?? I know it sounds crazy that I'm so worried, and I want to know the truth. Is there any chance it survived the fall after struggling to even get on the holly leaf, and it being cold...and just the other factors I mentioned?

Please no mean comments, I don't know why I care so much, but I really try not to hurt living creatures and I feel really bad. I want to know either way! Thank you guys!

submitted by /u/youreyesmystars
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/kq1m9l/did_i_kill_the_stink_bug_i_accidently_tried_to/

No comments:

Post a Comment