Tuesday 26 January 2021

Are there jobs in this field? If so, how do you go about getting them? Recently worked at a pest control office after getting an English degree and really loved being involved with insects.

Just curious. I recently moved to the middle of nowhere while my wife gets her Medical degree and am doing some career reevaluating.

I have an English degree but I worked at a pest control company for a year, a watershed educational non-profit for a year, and found myself drawn towards all the insects and how drastically important they are...

I'm looking to go back to school to increase my earning potential up from entry-level call center and Americorps work, but I don't have a science background and I know academia is probably out of my reach considering my age (32) and such.

I'm just doing some research to see if there are any career paths for someone like me in integrated pest management, conservation, things like that. I know we all have to find our own ways, but you all seem very kind and helpful and maybe could give me good advice.

submitted by /u/gdaesaunders
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/l5kx5p/are_there_jobs_in_this_field_if_so_how_do_you_go/

No comments:

Post a Comment