Friday 4 December 2020

Trying to save a little green worm

It's below freezing where I am, and I found a green worm of some kind in store bought cauliflower a day ago. I didn't just want to kill the sweet thing, so I put it in a bowl with some fresh cauliflower. I saw it had climbed off the cauliflower, and so I put a bit of similar stuff in. It moved away from what I put in, so I knew it was still alive. After a few hours it hadn't moved so I resigned to putting it in my little basement garden with my cabbage. That's when I noticed a very, very fine silk surrounding it. My mom, who couldn't see the silk, thought it was probably dead. I've tried googling to no avail, but I didn't think worms covered themselves in silk when they die. I've put the bowl in the garden, and have arranged it to have a cabbage leaf reaching in near the worm so if it does end up needing some food it can get it.

Can any one give me advice? I'd like to help the little thing if it's still alive and I can. I know almost nothing of insects though, so any and all advice is useful.

submitted by /u/trekkiegamer359
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/k6kidc/trying_to_save_a_little_green_worm/

No comments:

Post a Comment