Wednesday 25 November 2020

Larder beetles on stuffed animals?

Hi, I have a bunch of stuffed animals that were left in a crib in a closet for about a year and a half now. I went to get them out and consider getting rid of some of them and I was frightened to find molts from larder beetle larvae on some of them. I haven’t found any live beetles or larvae yet, only molts. I’m familiar with larder beetles because they’re attracted to my cat’s food, so I see them sometimes (I’m working on cleaning out my cat’s feeding area and I remove any beetles I find). Never seen them anywhere else other than around cat food though. How should I go about cleaning the stuffed animals that have molts on them? None appear damaged, which is a relief because I think larder beetles like to eat stuff like that. I’ve stopped looking through the closet for the night, but I also found one molt on a piece of clothing that was in the closet. Any ideas? Thanks!

submitted by /u/SinosauropteryxPrima
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/k1ar0z/larder_beetles_on_stuffed_animals/

No comments:

Post a Comment