Monday 30 November 2020

Entomology of words pertaining to Greek Gods?

Can anyone think of any other interesting words with entomology based on Greek Gods?

So due to some recent events, I looked up euthanasia to learn more about it, when I learned the entomology was the Greek word Eu (Good) and Thanatos (the Greek god of peaceful death) meaning a good, peaceful death.

I've been obsessed with the game "Hades" recently, so determining what the opposite of euthanasia would be seemed interesting to me, so I came up with the word dyskeres. Dys (greek prefix for bad) and Keres, (Thanatos' much more violent and blood craving sisters.)

The closest word I could find to this was Dyskeratosis, but that doesn't fit the bill, I'd be interested to know if anyone is familiar with any words that might be a closer match that I couldn't find.

submitted by /u/oneobjection
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/k4d1we/entomology_of_words_pertaining_to_greek_gods/

No comments:

Post a Comment