Monday 23 November 2020

Best directions to take before applying to a PhD?

I am about to graduate this winter with a BA in bio and have been mulling over my next steps for quite a while. I fell in love with entomology halfway through my undergraduate and I want to go to grad school, but I don't feel 100% confident in my quality as a candidate right now nor do I feel ready to jump into another 5-7 years of academia. My ultimate goal as of right now is to work in museum curation/research rather than professorship.

What should I do in my gap year before applying to graduate programs to make myself a better candidate? I know that research experience is key (and I have a bit of undergrad experience), so I am looking into research assistant positions, but I was wondering if there are any other ent-specific positions that I can apply to with a bachelors. Additionally, what's the best way to find and apply to careers (besides the Entomology Society website and Indeed)? Any advice for a new grad is greatly appreciated!!!

submitted by /u/zygopt
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/jzcku3/best_directions_to_take_before_applying_to_a_phd/

No comments:

Post a Comment