Monday 5 October 2020

Dear Entomology Reddit, please help me ID a bug I saw when I was really little with only a written description! 😅

OKAY. So. When I was about.... 10-11-ish? I was playing outside my suburban rental house with my brother. We were standing around and chatting a bit and all of a sudden I felt something on my foot. I looked down an this enormous black and yellow striped fuzzy thing engulfing my foot, I screamed (I have entomophobia.... ), KICKED MY FOOT UP INTO THE AIR almost launching off my shoe, the thing flapped it's wings, landed, and then started to crawl off towards this decomposing stump that was sort of on the boundary line between our house and another person's.

So to recap:
-fuzzy.
-black and yellow(i think it was striped? kinda like a bee?)
-capable of mild flight???
-ENORMOUS. Enough to be ridiculously large ontop of an 11 year old with big feet's FOOT.
-No obvious eyes as far as I can remember. I just remember it being a huge fuzzy blob!

Of course I suppose any one of these details could be wrong considering that it's been like 10 years since this occurred...

Please help me, every time I tell people this story they won't believe me. My brother doesn't even remember being there for it :/
I hope some of you will believe me!

submitted by /u/Monster-Teeth
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/j5fu4b/dear_entomology_reddit_please_help_me_id_a_bug_i/

No comments:

Post a Comment