Sunday 27 September 2020

Stupid questions about eastern black swallowtail caterpillars

Lol help me.

I work at a museum and am currently trying to over-winter some eastern black swallowtail caterpillars that a guest brought me. She brought some dill with her, it is all but stems 2 days later, a couple straggling leaves. I have some indoor dill and parsley of my own but am currently testing them with just one caterpillar to start with in case they were treated with Bt.

I am traveling somewhere today that will likely have wild queen anne's lace I can collect for them. Will they munch on the stems in the meantime or start eating each other?

submitted by /u/Glass-Egg
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/j0tn4k/stupid_questions_about_eastern_black_swallowtail/

No comments:

Post a Comment