Saturday 26 September 2020

Material bugs can climb

So I have read that smooth surfaces are difficult for bugs to climb on, but that this isn't true for all types and was wonder if someone might be able to answer a few question I have about It. All my searches on google only turn up stuff on bedbugs, so I thought I would come to reddit.

Is there a surface that would make them slide off universally? If not what would that take?

What is the mechanism that allows for their locomotion on all surfaces? Is it like the gecko where they bind to the surface at the molecular level or some other type of mechanism?

Thanks to anyone who is willing to answer this.

submitted by /u/orick22
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/j0l5qv/material_bugs_can_climb/

No comments:

Post a Comment