Sunday 30 August 2020

Witnessed strange ant behavior did not get a video.

So I was sitting outside at a friends house and someone pointed out something strange on the gravel. Turns out it was a group of ants moving at a high speed together in an oval shape. They were all staying together but I don’t really know how many there were. It didn’t look like they were carrying anything but I had never seen anything like it in my life. Like a compact herd of ants on a very direct path or mission. Any idea what they were doing?

Also in terms of size I would say they were about half the size of a carpenter ant but they looked black or dark brown. I live in agricultural Zone7a in the United States.

submitted by /u/3umbrellas
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/ijrvt7/witnessed_strange_ant_behavior_did_not_get_a_video/

No comments:

Post a Comment