Tuesday 23 June 2020

How to Keep Out Cheiracanthium (Yellow Sac Spiders)

Hi everyone! If this sort of post isn't welcome, I apologize, but I'd appreciate being told where else to post it.

I live in upstate New York and over the past few months we have noticed a dramatic increase in the prevalance of Yellow Sac Spiders (Cheiracanthium I believe?). My girlfriend and roommate have a terrible phobia of spiders and do not want this to continue if possible. Is there a natural remedy or deterrent I can use to keep them away? We mostly find them in our window sills, but they occasionally find their way inside. I believe they're either making their way in via holes in the screens (nothing I'm allowed to replace unfortunately), or through holes in the caulk in the bricks of the building - as we live in a very old brick apartment building.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/btmontanye
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/hegqhp/how_to_keep_out_cheiracanthium_yellow_sac_spiders/

No comments:

Post a Comment