Tuesday 26 May 2020

Help with ID

Help with ID

Hi all I am new to this Reddit and would like help IDing this bad boy. I found three of them in my house in the last couple of days. 2 were dead and the last one gave me a bit of a scare. It appeared dead but quickly became very mobile once I tried to scoop him up with the dustpan. But it was very quick and I resorted to using a clear plastic cup to capture him.

My first guess is somewhere in the arachnid family maybe a harvestman. After some research online I am fairly certain its a solifugae. It has four pairs of legs and what appears to be large chelicerae on the front end. The last two appeared to be in earlier instars than this one pictured here. Can I get a confirmation that this is a camel spider?

https://preview.redd.it/zlr021wg58151.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=b139a471cee1a55ea0b97baf3184ee7fa6da6ecb

submitted by /u/David_Lo_Pan83
[link] [comments]


source https://www.reddit.com/r/Entomology/comments/grboao/help_with_id/

No comments:

Post a Comment